General resources and help lines
- Iowa 2-1-1 is an easy to remember three-digit dialing code that enables a caller to access a number of health and human service programs in Iowa and Nebraska 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is TTY accessible. To find this information click here or visit http://126.96.36.199/IFTWSQL4prod/iowa/public.aspx.
- Getting Around: Alternatives for Seniors Who No Longer Drive summarizes the activities and outcomes of a project conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety in eight southern California sites and may provide valuable information for those wishing to replicate the effort in their communities. To view a copy of this report, click here or visit the foundation’s Web site at http://www.aaafoundation.org.
- Liberty Mutual offers information and resources for senior drivers. To view this information, click here or visit Liberty Mutual's Web site at http://www.libertymutual.com.
- The National Older Driver Research and Training Center (NODRTC) provides information and resources on alternative forms of transportation, driving knowledge and skills, and links to national organizations that address transportation issues. To access this information, click here.
- The National Center on Senior Transportation (NCST) provides resources and services available to support senior transportation throughout the United States. To view this information, click here or visit NCST's Web site at http://seniortransporation.easterseals.com.
- Transportation Innovations for Seniors: A Report from Rural America is a study conducted by the Beverly Foundation and the Community Transportation Association of America. The study identifies transportation needs, services, challenges, and solutions for senior transportation in rural areas. To view a copy of the study, click here or visit http://www.stpexchange.org.